Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yippy, the new road is open!

Okay, I admit, I need a life. But, look at this, we have our new north bound road open in Kona. Did you know it has taken over 2 years to get this thing done. Hold on though, only the north lanes are done. Here are pictures of it.



By the way, I have had to endure months of, "Mommy, can we drive over there like they are (they being the construction workers)?" And me having to say, "No, not yet." Then to be told by the kids, "But I want to." In other words, I am happy for this lane opening because the kids think it is the best treat ever and I don't have to explain for the umteenth time that we are not allowed to drive on it yet. Thank you Hawn Dredging for finally getting it done...at least half of it.

This is a picture of Lee just before we turned onto the northbound NEW lanes. Look at the excitement on her face. We even rode part of the time with our hands up as if on a roller coaster.



The next thing that we are waiting for is the new Kona shopping center. Still under construction but some stores are slated to open in November. Here is what it looks like now.


The older girls notice every change daily to this place. Bell pointed out that they put up new "things" and windows. If it wasn't for the girls, I would miss so much important information.

And, drum roll please.....here is the site of our future T-A-R-G-E-T store. Now, that is something I will be dancing about...for real!

No comments: