Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Saturday Evening Well Spent!

We returned to the park for another sunset picnic. This time, I made char siu chicken and rice. We also picked up some poke from our favorite fish department. The kids had a great time again.

Bell and Lee were climbing the soccer goal posts this time. Here is Bell helping her "little" sister up the pole. Should I mention that Lee weighs a good 5-8 pounds more than Bell. Not a big deal when you weigh 100+ pounds but at their weights, that is a big difference in poundage. Lee returned the favor throughout the evening.


I went to the restroom and this is what I returned to. Sonny and Em sitting together on a parking curb. It was the cutest thing. Although they are not twins, they have such an amazing bond.


We've been enjoying our sunset picnics so much that we want to try and do it on a regular basis. It is so relaxing and the kids get to run around and just play. Plus, the bonus each week has been background music. Last week it was a canoe club playing music. This week, there was a wedding reception at the pavilion and there was good Hawaiian music.

We ended the night at our favorite store for some ice cream (a la Wal-mart and McD's). Daddy also NEEDED to get a real size football for our next park day.

No comments: