Friday, July 4, 2008

This-n-that

Here's Lee with her new swim suit. Her latest is that she does not want to wear her swim shirt because she wants people to see her new suit. There is a little story behind the purchase of the suit. She tried on 5 suits. Her choice was a shiny pink two piece suit. It was horrible. Daddy convinced her that if she wore it in the sun, it would hurt peoples' eyes because it was so bright. I thought this one was cute so I convinced her to get it.




She's come a long way. Bell loves going to swim lessons and has finally started talking to her teacher. Only took her 3 weeks of lessons to get there. In the picture is her teacher Sara. Bell loves Sara now. Anyway, this picture was taken just after Bell did her elementary back stroke with Sara.


Being that today is July 4th, we decided to take in the Parade. It was perfect. We went to swim lessons at the community pool and then walked over to a grassy area down the road. The parade started at the parking lot of the pool so we were right near the beginning of the parade. Great seats. The kids had a blast and daddy was able to join us just before the parade started.

I do have a question. Why the heck do all these people in parades find it necessary to give the kids tons of candy? I noticed that the nice little girls sitting next to us were having a great time picking up as much candy as possible. They even brought zip lock bags. So, I decided to be the "nice aunty at the parade". I started giving them our candy. Before I knew it, my kids were handing over all their extra candy to the other kids. I let the kids eat a couple pieces and then cut them off. I do not give the kids candy much regularly so there was no need for them to keep the candy. I have to admit, I was actually proud of the kids. Here they were getting free candy and instead of begging for more or to keep it for themselves, they were willingly handing it over to some other kids that they didn't even know. Way to make momma proud!



Today marked the end of my mom's visit. This picture doesn't do justice to the amazing sunset we saw as we took her to the airport. The vog was hanging over the area all afternoon (and has ruined most sunsets of this summer) so I was amazed to see such a bright orange glow. Truly amazing sunset.

No comments: