I also watched a lot of football on Sundays as well. You can say my family was a football machine.
So, here I am, I married a man who can take it or leave it. Before kids, I had to convince him to go to UH games. High school games, to him, were boring. To me, there is so much excitement and unpredictability. I just love it.
Now that we live away from home, my kids don't get to experience the games I did as a kid. I miss that. And, daddy isn't into going to high school games for no reason. Me, I would go watch our neighborhood team just because it is football. Not him.
So, I ran into our cousin whose two sons play for another school here. After talking for a few minutes, I found out that they were playing on Saturday. I convinced my husband that we should go watch the boys play. Amazingly, he was game.
We got there just at kickoff and watched into the 3rd quarter. I made sure we stayed through half time so Lee could watch the cheerleaders perform. (She wants to be a cheerleader, toilet fixer and a mom when she grows up.)
Everyone had a great time, including daddy. And, they all enjoyed ice pops during the game too. The highlight for my son, seeing the fire truck up close when we left the field. Everyone was happy...especially me!
Sorry, this is the only picture I got of the evening...I was too busy having fun at the game!
3 comments:
Woo Hoo!
Foots-ball!
I don't know how you do it. Two kids were all I could handle.
Finally! A new post!
Nice football story. It explains a lot!
I love Lee's career choices! :-)
Post a Comment