Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Nice Way to Spend a Saturday

My dear friend Lori Ann and her two daughters came to visit. Well, Lori had a conference here so she brought her kids (with encouragement from me) along. We spent the earlier part of the day swimming at the hotel pool. By 1:00, it was agreed upon that the kids must take a nap. So, we headed up to the room and got the kiddos situated. To my amazement, all 4 of my kids and her youngest took a nap. I admit, even I fell asleep while waiting for them to all go down. We returned to the pool after naps and swam for a short time before heading over to the Moonlight Talk Story.

The Talk Story is a free event put on by the hotel every full moon. A surprise artist comes to share their "mana'o" or thoughts through music and story telling. The event is frequented by many residents so it can get a little crowded. We headed over there a little early for the event and the kids had a great time playing. Here is a picture of 3/4 of my kids and Lori's 2 girls..Lala (far left) and Ali (far right).



Can you tell who likes to take pictures? "Tada Mommy!"


Oh, my Bell. She is getting much more girly now. Do you like the pose with the hands behind, shoulder up?


Sonny could not stay away from the rocks. He kept throwing them all over the place. Em tried to join in too.


So, who was the surprise artist??? Brother Nolan. I've never seen him perform in person but I did know a lot of his songs. What I liked about this event was that he would tell stories about the songs. Like, Bye, bye Pua Lane. I never knew it was about his growing up in Kalihi and wanting to leave the low income housing. He wrote the song when he was in 8th grade. Neat!

The kids enjoyed themselves. Here is Lee sitting with Lori (yellow hat) and Lala listening to the music.

Nice smile Bell!


Father and son moment...Daddy wasn't really enjoying the event. He was tired from a long day of work and Sonny was all over the place. This was a rare moment of him sitting down. Maybe it was because Daddy had some food.

And then the sun began to set. This is a picture of the hotel (looking north).

I'm a sunset addict! Living on the west side has fueled a new passion for beautiful sunsets. It never fails to amaze me how beautiful sunsets can be.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a nice shot of the moon. It was equally as amazing as the sunset.

I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday. It was great!

1 comment:

brew808 said...

Really nice! You have a beautiful family! :-)