Thursday, August 7, 2008

First "Real" Day of Kindergarten


Once again, she picked out her own clothes. Today was a brown, kinda slinky dress. She looked cute.


Bell's first "real" day of school started today. I dropped her off at the cafeteria where her teacher was there to "get" the kids. I gave her a hug and kiss and told her to have a good day. She smiled, then followed her teacher threw the double doors grasping the straps of her backpack. She never looked back, never cried, just looked straight ahead and left.

I walked back to the van and for a split second worried if she would be okay. I got a little misty eyed but no tears. My baby is growing up.


Here I am picking her up. Daddy came with us and took the picture. She was smiling but didn't speak much. I think she was tired and overwhelmed by the long day. I still have yet to hear about what she did today. She hasn't told us anything. But, when asked if she ate lunch, she nodded. She said it was chicken. No school tomorrow. Bell will be full force starting next Monday. Yippy!

No comments: