While combing her sister's hair with a pick, my oldest daughter said, "When I get bigger, I want to be a hair cut girl." LOL.
One of my husband's employees just graduated from high school. We went to his grad party the other night. It was a combination party so there were a good 300 people there. We didn't know many people there, maybe 5. The funny thing is, we got there late and there were no tables inside so we went outside to eat. Grabbed our food, went outside, and ate. Stayed for about an hour. We did not see the graduate nor did we see his parents. It got dark and we left. Oh, we also had a gift (money envelope) but there was no place I could find that had a place for gifts or signing in. So we left the party, full of delicious food, and headed home. On the way home, Hubby and I were talking about how unnoticed we were at the party and we were able to feed the family without being considered "uninvited" guests. Hubby says, "Hey, maybe we should do that more often. That would cut our food bill every month." I just had to laugh because this was the first time I can remember that we went to a party and sat there knowing nobody. It just shows how easy it is for uninvited guests to show up at a party at someone else's expense. In essence, we were closet party crashers. Hahaha.
My mom was just here visiting. We were driving in the car and talking about recent stories in the news. There is this gal who killed her mother because she thought her mother was going to kill her first. Her mother's boyfriend came home after it happened to find the girl sitting outside her mother's bedroom. Just sitting there. Apparently, the mother had a history of mental illness and so did the daughter. So, after a brief discussion about how crazy the girl must be, my mother said, "The lesson here is, don't be home alone with your child if you know they have a mental illness." HUH??? I thought my mom was going to say something prolific, something really deep and meaningful. I couldn't help but laugh at the lack of depth to this "lesson" . It was one of those, okay, here is a life lesson to learn in this situation and what (with a puzzled look on my face), don't be home alone with your child. I thought something like, make sure you don't leave your knives or guns within reach or unlocked. But, I guess it is true, don't be home alone.
And a final funny moment this week, discussions of the beach. My mom was talking with the kids about things they can do the next time she comes to visit. They decided that they want to go to the beach and make sand castles. After a lengthy discussion about this, they came up with a list of things they need to bring so that they can make the sand castles.
1) We need shovels
2) We need buckets
3) We need to take TUPPERWARE.
Yup, my kids are planning to take my Tupperware to the beach to make their sand castles. I think my mom, being a former tupperware consultant has begun to brainwash my kids. They are not saying they want to take my glad-ware or my zip-lock containers, no, it is my TUPPERWARE. You know, the ones that cost real money. It kinda goes along the lines of my mom only using the tupperware containers to put left overs away. It is like she is allergic to glad-ware and zip-lock plastice containers. But, does anyone come back from the beach with everything they take. All I gotta say is, who cares about the shovels and buckets, I better get my tupperware back.
And, that my friends, is just a glimpse of the madness in my life.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol, that actually happens. We had a hippie-looking family at Noa's luau, I didn't do anything, not knowing for sure whether they were friends of the family or not. We laughed about it later, when opening the cards in the box, I found a blank card with no writing or anything. They at least were considerate enough to not lick the envelope so I could use it again, haha. They used it to get in the sign in place at the door. Anyhow, in the end, I figure, we had more than enough food and they had a good time so who really cares?
Post a Comment